The Federal University Of Technology Owerri, FUTO has fixed a general cut-off mark for all faculties as they prepare to officially publish the 2012/2013 FUTO admission list.
According to the Registrar Of The University, the institution has fixed a general Cut-off mark of 200 for departments in the following schools/faculties:
1. School Of Engineering and Engineering Technology(SEET)
2. School Of Science. (SOSC)
Candidates who applied to other schools not listed above, would have to obtain a minimum of 180 marks to be eligible for admission for the 2012/2013 academic session. Schools/faculties involved include:-
• School Of Agriculture And Agricultural Technology(SAAT)
• School Of Management Technology(SMAT)
• School Of Environmental Technology(SMAT)
• School Of Environmental Technology(SOET)
• School Of Health Technology(SOHT)
This was made known in the Vice chancellor’s state of the university address at the 19th general assembly on July 24 th 2012.
According to him also over 30,000 students applied for admission this year and the Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, FUTO will be able to admit only about 3,000 of these candidates. About 10%.
This Implies that any aspirant of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, FUTO who obtained the general minimum for their department as disclosed by the University is eligible for admission,though the final cut-off mark for merit list is still to be disclosed.